I know students and classes love having a badge or widget on their blog showing they are taking part in the student blogging challenge. I sent an email earlier this month to the people at Edublogs asking if they could design a badge for this challenge. Ronnie came back with a design which we have altered slightly depending if you are a student blogger, class blogger or mainly leaving comments.

Pick the badge that suits you and follow the instructions for adding to your blog. You might want to use it as a link to the student blogging challenge page. You shouldn’t need to crop or resize the badges as they are less than 170 pixels in width and height.

Sue Waters of The Edublogger fame has written a post showing how she puts images into her sidebar as widgets.

Teegan from New Zealand loves blogging and wrote a post especially on putting images with links in your sidebar. Maybe you can follow her instructions from this post.

14 thoughts on “Get your badge

1. 1st- go to new post
      2nd-save this badge to your computer
      3rd-open this picture to your new post
      4th-there a HTML letter right above the post, so click on it
      5th-then copy what come up
      6th-go to widget, add text box
      7th-past it, then visited your blog to see your amazing new badge.
      HOPE THIS’LL HELP YOU 🙂

1. Great post! I added a badge to my class blog. Because I’m using blogger, I added it as a gadget and then HTML/JavaScript. (I hope it’s OK that I’m using Blogger – I have an Edublogs professional blog as well.)

Thank you!
    Theresa

1. Theresa,
      The student and class blogging challenge can use any blogging platform – the idea is to get students and classes blogging. If you look at the student list you will find about five different platforms being used.

2. hi its Amelia from ameliaw2018.edublogs.org and i registered for the competition but i never got a comment on my blog or anything saying that i was officially signed up

just wondering….

1. Hi Amelia,
      You only registered last week and I visit the blogs usually on a weekend to leave the welcoming comments. You’ll notice your name is not in a colour yet on the student list. That means I haven’t left a message. I will be there this weekend if not earlier.

1. oh..ok! thanks cause i didn’t check the list because i couldn’t find it. but now that i know i will not be worried. thanks a lot miss W.!