Checking my blog -Challenge 9 -March 2011

This penultimate challenge (second last) is an audit of your blog since the beginning of March 2011.

• How many posts did you write?
  • How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?
  • How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?
  • Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?
  • Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?
  • Did you change blog themes at all and why?
  • How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?
  • How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?

Now ask another student and teacher/parent from your school who might not have read your blog to do an audit. Sit beside them while they navigate around your blog, record what you observe as they interact with your blog. When finished, ask them the following questions:

• What were your first impressions of this blog?
  • What captured your attention?
  • What distracted you on the blog?
  • What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog?

Some other thoughts for blog posts this week

Activity 1.

Will you continue blogging over your summer holidays (Northern hemisphere) or during the winter term (Southern Hemisphere)? Why or why not?

Activity 2.

If you didn’t get many visitors to your blog (other than your classmates), what do you think you need to do to get them to visit? Write a post about this.

Activity 3.

Do you think it would be handy to have a blogging glossary on your blog? If yes, create one as a page so it is always available to your readers.

Activity 4.

If you could nominate only one student blog and one class blog for an Edublogs award later in the year, whose blog would you nominate and why? Make sure you put a link to their blog on your post, then come to this challenge post and leave a comment saying who you would nominate. You cannot nominate your own blog.

These are some examples of nomination posts from last year: Becky, Dominique, Olivia,

Activity 5.

Check out the Google calendar on the Kids in the Mid blog and write a post about one of the celebrations for this week.

Next week, I will be asking you about the challenge itself . So please think about the good and bad things, the interesting and boring etc. Your opinion will help organize the next set of challenges in September when I will be travelling USA and Canada. Hopefully I will be visiting some of your schools.

Original image: ‘Besoins des internautes & stratégie de contenu
Besoins des internautes & stratégie de contenu
by: Raphaëlle RIDARCH

Released under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License

86 comments