Challenge 7: Let your creativity show

This week Miss W wants you to show off your creativity. She is going to suggest some sites you might want to visit. If you know some other sites to show off your artistic talents then tell us about them in a comment and we will add them to the list.

We want to see or hear your creative masterpiece so you might need to make a screen shot to save as an image to add to your post. Otherwise add a link to where your creative work can be found.

Remember if you are under 13, you will need to get parent and / or teacher permission to use many of them.

Art

Writing

• Magnetic poetry – create a poem using their words, take a screen shot or submit to their gallery and put link in your post
  • Use Fotobabble  or Blabberize to create a movie or book trailer
  • Register at Educaplay to create lots of games and literacy activities
  • Create a book that flips the pages at flipsnack. Check out the other links at the bottom as well.
  • Make beliefs comics are great for your creativity
  • Little Bird Tales for creative writing

Music and audio

Science

Animation

• Automatoon will not work with Internet Explorer but great way to create an animated movie.
  • Another great site is goanimate – teachers there is an education version of this as well
  • Kerpoof is great for all ages

Variety

• Think this might be a girlie site called Pop studio
  • Check this page for lots of computer links for creativity

Activity 1 – Visit at least three different creativity sites and write a post aobut what you did on the site. Remember to include a screen shot and or link to your creative masterpiece.

Activity 2 – Find a website where you can collaborate with another student from a different country – you might be able to create a story together or something else more creative.

Activity 3 – Make sure you have lots of links to other students and classes on your blogroll. If on weebly,  maybe create a post with at least ten links of other students around the world. You are going to need this for a game next week.

Activity 4 – Write a post about creativity and how you are creative in your life. If possible display your creativity eg photography, video, music. Check out this blog by chillibasket in Ireland. He is showing his creativity each week with the photos he has taken.

Activity 5 – Leave a comment about another site on the web that you think is showing creativity. Remember to leave the URL of the site.

Activity 6 – Visit Mr Davo Devil’s blog and leave a caption on the post about the 49th parallel or suggest a song Davo could sing if inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

If you still have time, visit lots of blogs of other students around the world. Leave comments on their posts and make sure you include a link to your blog so they can return the favour and visit your blog to leave a comment.

96 thoughts on “Challenge 7: Let your creativity show

1. I have enjoyed taking part in this challenge. I like to think of myself as very creative. I think that I am creative in my life when I write stories. Once my friends read them, they always ask how did I make them so creative. I do not know how I did. It is just a talent that I was born with. I am very sorry that I cannot post a picture of it, but it is not saved on this computer. I also thought that chillibasket in Ireland’s blog was very creative.

2. Pingback: Shirley's 6th Grade - Challenge #7

3. Pingback: Jacqueline~ » Blog Archive » My Creativity

4. Pingback: Jacqueline~ » Blog Archive » Creativity on the Web

5. Pingback: Tate's Blog | Creativity

6. Pingback: Many Interesting Creativity Websites! : Gemma's Blog

7. Pingback: Kristen's Awesome Blog! - three different creativity sites

8. Pingback: Kristen's Awesome Blog! - creativity and how i am creative in my life

9. Pingback: Kristen's Awesome Blog! - creativity and how i am creative in my life

10. Pingback: .:Learn, Create, and Have Fun:.

11. Pingback: Tate's Blog | Challenge 7…

12. Pingback: Dylan's GP Racing site - A life as a comix book maker

13. Pingback: LAURENS HOCKEY BLOG - Challenge 7

14. Pingback: Emma » Blog Archive » Creativity

15. Pingback: 4740bm - Creativity Websites

16. Pingback: Class Room Blog Review 2 « slm508clk

17. Miss. W.
    I just wanted to say a huge thank you for this post! My students and I have not had a chance to do this challenge yet but I will definitely be using this post over and over. What a great collection of ways to express creativity.

My favorite thing is that creativity did not mean just drawing or music to you but included a huge variety or areas and ways for students to express themselves. Thank you again!

Sharon deVries (Delve)

18. hey guys!!!!!! I just found a coooooool website that was on this website that I am posting this link on. so Ok here it is well wait I was kind of confused what to do on blog challenge 7, I did activity 5 and I dont n]know where to leave a comment so I will just do it hear. So here is the link http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/

19. Pingback: How did the discovery of sea floor spreading change our view of the Earth? | Earth Science

20. Pingback: » What Websites Would I Reccomend? isaiah's school blog

21. Pingback: Bubbles Amazing Blog » Blog Archive » Blog Post #7

22. Pingback: Creativity at Life's Rythm

23. Pingback: Alexandra - My Creativity

24. Pingback: Amber's Awesome Blog » Blog Archive » .:Challenge 7: Activity 1:.

25. Pingback: How did the discovery of sea floor spreading change our view of the Earth? | Earth Science

26. Pingback: Olivia » Blog Archive » .:Be Creative:.

27. Pingback: What evidence supports the theory of continental drift? | Earth Science

28. Pingback: Alexandra - Let’s Get Creative

29. Pingback: Chelsea's Blog! - Challenge 7

30. Pingback: Schoolgirls Rocking Blog » Blog Archive » Blog Challenge # 7

31. Pingback: Brooke » Let your creativity show

32. Pingback: How Do You Show Your Creativity? « Alexandra's Blog

33. Pingback: Let Your Creativity Show « Alexandra's Blog

34. Pingback: » Three Fun Sites Hannah Banana

35. Activity #4

I am creative in my life by doing little projects at my house when I am bored. Once I built an animal cell.

My defonition of creativty is when someone takes an object and makes it extrodinary.

36. Pingback: Lupita's Crazy Blog - What Websites Would I Recommend?

37. Pingback: How do I complete my research plan and forms? | Earth Science

38. Pingback: Cassidy's Fresh Blog - My Favorite Websites!!

39. Hello Miss. Wyatt.
    A website that I think shows creativity is Wikipedia because it allows you to search things that you need information on. It is actually called “The free encyclopedia.” Thanks.

40. Pingback: | Maddie's Blog :D

41. Pingback: Creativity Challenge #7 | Thinking About ...

42. Pingback: SBC Achievement! | Jake G

43. Hi Miss W,

Sorry I haven’t been leaving links!
    I have been a bit lazy and have forgetton!
    I have done up to activity #2 for the previous challenge, and I am aiming to get up to at least the 5th activity for this challenge.
    Keep blogging,
    Angie

44. Pingback: .:110|GS:. - Challenge 7

45. Pingback: Anahi's Cool Blog » Blog Archive

46. Pingback: mini starwriter's amazing blog - Sand Art

47. Pingback: Clay's sports blog » Fun Websites I Recommend

48. Pingback: What Websites I Recommend for Others. | Mikayla's Fresh Blog

49. Pingback: Adi's Wonderful Blog - Visiting Fun Sites :)

50. Pingback: The Daily News -

51. Pingback: Letty Loves Animals » What Website Do I Recommend?

52. Pingback: Activity #7 Blogging Challenge | Emily's Blog

53. Hello,
    I am having lots and lots of fun doing the Blogging Challenge. I haven’t done any of challenge seven yet but I’ve read it and it sounds really cool. I know a awesome blog you should check out. Go to http://www.kaylavdhnzkorner.blogspot.com. She has lots of great posts. We started blogging at the same time. Please come and check out my blog.
    Thanks, Anna

54. Hello,

I am really enjoying the challenge. I’ve never taken part in it before. I haven’t done anything on Challenge seven but it looks really cool!! How many challenges will there be altogether? I know a really cool and creative blog to visit. arcannalog.blogspot.com. She started blogging in August – at the same time as me – and is really experienced. You should visit it.

Thanks,

Kayla

55. Pingback: Paloma's Blog » Games

56. Pingback: world

57. Pingback: Dawso's Blog » Blog Archive » Creativity!

58. Pingback: Some activities to keep you busy | Jarrod's Awesome Blog

59. Hi Miss W,
    A great creative website is Wacky Web Tales. Just search that into Google and it is the first to come up! Thanks,
    Dawso

60. Pingback: Creativity, Challenge #7 | Ms. Olen's Class Blog

61. Pingback: Being Creative, Challenge 7 | Mrs. Bliss' Dragon's Den

62. Pingback: Blogging Challenge – Activity 7 : The Unstoppable Cs

63. Pingback: How can I show what I know about Earth’s structure? | Earth Science

64. Pingback: Our Reasoning on Resources | Mrs. Goucher's Class Blog

65. Pingback: Challenge 7: Let your creativity show : Challenge Yourself to Blog | Random Creativity | Scoop.it

66. Pingback: Week #9 October 24-28, 2011 | The Greatest Middle School Social Studies Blog in the World