Week 6: Let’s work
Well, the holiday or vacation is over and it is now time to get back to work.
What is work?
- What type of work do you want to do once you leave school?
- Is work always enjoyable?
- What would be the best work or dream job you could possibly think of doing?
- Do you have to be paid for work?
- How is work at school different to work out of school?
Activities for this week:
- Create a poll about work and add it to your blog.
- Create an A-Z poster about work.
- Answer some of the above questions in posts. Perhaps a slideshow of your dream jobs.
- How has work changed over the last century? Create a timeline to show your answer.
- What type of volunteer work would you enjoy?
- Why do some students work hard at school while others just get by in their subjects? Does this change depending upon the country you or your parents come from?
- How has technology changed the way we work?
- Interview your parents or grandparents about the types of work they might have done. What skills did they need to get those jobs?
- How would this infographic about laziness at work look different if it were laziness at school?
- Is your school teaching digital literacy, financial literacy, social media literacy which can all affect the job you decide on in the future?
- What skills do you need for your preferred job in the future? Are there any blogs about that type of job?How could you use a blog, outside of school, to prepare yourself for your future work?
- The best jobs in the world – check out these workers: Ben in Queensland, Australia – 6 year old Sam in England – 12 year old Harry in England –
Remember to expand on the questions, give lots of reasons or information and if you used a website on the internet as part of your answer, include a link back to that website or include a bibliography. Give correct attribution for any images you use.