We have now been together for nearly three months. Time now to evaluate – most teachers ask students to do this after studying a topic for a period of time.

This evaluation is in two parts:

• auditing your own blog
  • evaluating the challenge

This is an audit of your blog since the beginning of March 2014.

• How many posts did you write?
  • How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?
  • How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?
  • Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?
  • Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?
  • Did you change blog themes at all and why?
  • How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?
  • How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?

Now ask another student and teacher/parent from your school who might not have read your blog to do an audit.

Sit beside them while they navigate around your blog, record what you observe as they interact with your blog. When finished, ask them the following questions:

1. What were your first impressions of this blog?
  2. What captured your attention?
  3. What distracted you on the blog?
  4. What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog?

Write a post about your blog audit.

Part 2 Evaluating the challenge.

This is the twelfth challenge and sometimes I feel like the activities are getting stale especially for those students who have taken part in more than one set of challenges. So over the next few weeks I will be adding new pages that you all can contribute to. Every month of the year, there are special events, festivals, birthdays of authors etc. Which ones do you think it would be interesting to write about? Find the page for that month and add your ideas in the comments.

Now for your final activity – please evaluate the challenge by filling in the following form.

5 thoughts on “Week 10 Part B Evaluation and audit

1. I get to know about this part from another blog and I have enjoyed a lot experiencing through and which helps me in exploring my own online portal

Thanks for valuable support πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

2. Hi Miss W.
    Thank you for all of your hard work. The student challenge has been a lot of fun and a quite a challenge. πŸ™‚

I made a powtoon about what I have learned. I used the challenge badge and your avatar. Hope that is okay.

Here is the link: Student Challenge Blossomness! Hope you like it!

Kat 😎

3. As the Student Blogging Challenge draws to an end I would like to thank all the students that I mentored for their friendliness and courtesy.

I would particularly like to commend Morgan from Morgan’s Epic Blog: http://morganf.global2.vic.edu.au/ because he was very good at replying to comments I made and so we had an interesting conversation over the ten weeks.

Thanks too, to Miss W for your vision, encouraging students to blog and giving so generously of your time.

With every good wish
    Merry Beau