Special: Protect the places we love
Every year, the students and classes taking part in the blogging challenge also try to join this special event held in March annually.
The event relates to Earth Hour
Here is a link explaining why we celebrate Earth Hour and how it has progressed since the first one held in Australia in 2007.
Many countries are holding different themes this year – check them out here.
As you can see, Australia is going with
Protect the places we love
So over this weekend please do some of the following:
- Switch off your lights for at least an hour starting at 8.30pm on Saturday night.
- Write a post about what you did in that hour as a family – did you keep your lights off longer than an hour?
- Write a post about the places you want to protect – might be a favourite beach or the Great Barrier Reef or a mountain track you use often or a picnic area you always go to on weekends
- What thing related to climate change would you like to see fixed by all countries around the world by the time you are 50 years old? What could you do to help make that fix?
- Add the Earth Hour badge to your blog – right click on my image and save to your computer. Add to your sidebar using an image widget or add to a post using Add media.