Week 3: Free choice
Because we had two posts last week and I know many students from the northern hemisphere are on Spring Break around this time, I have decided that this week will be free choice.
You might want to:
- catch up on the posts from the last couple of weeks – about me, avatar, commenting, guidelines, visiting and commenting, earth hour
- comment on other student or class blogs
- write your own post about something of your choice – use #16stubc somewhere in the post so I know it relates to the challenge
We are coming up to nearly a month of the challenge and as I mentioned in one of the earlier posts, some students will be taken off the student list over Easter (next weekend) if they have not completed certain activities.
Why do I do this?
We have over 2500 students registered for the challenge but less than half of them get to have a mentor. So if students are not doing the challenge activities I feel they don’t deserve to have a mentor.
Which students will be taken off?
Students who already have mentors need to have completed the following to be left on the list:
- An about me page or post
- One other post related to the challenge
- Settings on their blog must allow comments to be left by anyone
- The URL of their blog must be correct on the list
I will be asking you to check the students on your list to see that they have completed the above things. If they haven’t could you please email me the names of students I should be taking off your list. I will add new students to your list if any are taken off. If you can take extra students please notify me as well.
I will be removing classes with incorrect URLs or those where the settings don’t allow comments – these are with pink countries. I am presently putting mauve colour on those classes where student blogs are listed on the sidebar. This makes it easier if teachers want to pair up students for commenting.
Please contact me via email if you think your students should be left on the list even if they have only completed their about me post – maybe you have only had one computer lesson in the lab then have been on spring break. I will make allowances for other school activities that might have stopped your class participating in the challenge.