The next student and class blogging challenge starts next week on Sunday 1 March 2015.
Why do we need mentors in the blogging challenge?
When I first began the challenge back in 2008, there were only about 200 students taking part and I could visit each of them three times over the ten week period.
But in the last few challenges, there have been over 1300 students and there was no way I could visit them regularly. So in 2010 I started asking people in education to mentor a small group 20-30 students over the ten week period of September to November or March to May.
If you register to be a mentor, please keep checking back on this post as I will allocate the students to you and mention in your comment reply who you will be visiting. I will also send you an email reminding you about checking this post early in the challenge.
As students have already registered, I will be allocating mentors immediately so please keep checking out the student participant’s page in the main header above to find out who you are mentoring.
Who can be a mentor?
- classroom teacher or homeschool teacher
- principal or senior staff or faculty members
- trainee teachers
- students who have taken part in at least two sets of previous challenges
- educational coaches or trainers
- regular blogger about educational matters
What do you do if you are a mentor?
- Visit your allocated student blogs at least three times throughout the challenge
- Leave comments on posts written by the students
- Continue conversations in the comments
- Remind them about visiting the main blogging challenge page each week
- Contact me by email or a comment if having concerns or problems (contact is on right sidebar)
So you have read the above and have decided you have the time to visit the student blogs, now it is time to register.
In a comment below, mention the following:
- A short bio of yourself including some interests
- Link to your own blog, especially a class blog or your personal blog – allows me to check validity as an educator
- Age group you would like to mentor