3heads-gear3headschatchecklistglobehead-lockhead-plusimaclife-ringlogo-cornelllogo-melbournelogo-northhamptonlogo-portsmouthlogo-small logo-vancouverlogo-yokohamamail-line mail-wings pdf pie-chartplayplugprinter skype website

Edit: Registrations are now closed. Join us for a new 10 week challenge beginning in October 2019. Registrations will open in September.

Registrations are now open for the next Student Blogging Challenge! This is a way for students to learn about blogging while connecting with other students around the world. 

Read more about the challenge here.

The sign-up form in this post is for students to register as individual student bloggers. Want to register your class instead? This is the form you need. 

Students, use this form to register to participate in the next Student Blogging Challenge! Edublogs free blogging challenge

Registration Information

Before filling in the registration form below, please read the following information.

Who should register?

Students should register who:

• Have their own personal blog (any platform)
  • Want to connect with other students around the world
  • Have permission to take part from their teacher/parents
  • Are aged between around 8-16
  • Are located anywhere in the world

Note: Your blog must be public on the web with comments enabled in order to participate.

Reminders before registering

Please read through the Frequently Asked Question guide which explains more about the challenge.

Mailing List options for students:

• Students with their own email address might want to sign up for our email list to get sent all the Student Blogging Challenge news and the weekly posts. Click here for the mailing list sign up form.
  • Students without email addresses can check the weekly post on this site each week and/or ask a parent or teacher to sign up for the mailing list. Sometimes teachers post the challenge information on a class blog for students to refer to as well.

Before the challenge begins on March 3

There are a few things you can do prior to the challenge to make sure you’re ready to go in March.

Check your registration

• A few days after registering, check the student participants’ page. Look for ‘2019 Students’ in the header area of this blog. Check this list prior to March 3 to make sure you are on the list and your details are correct.
  • If you are not listed on the participants’ page, register again being careful that your blog URL is correct.

Other ways to get ready

• If you are on the participants’ list, start visiting other student blogs if you have time. You might choose to visit students who are a similar age to you or who share similar interests.
  • Consider starting the Blogging Bootcamp self-paced course if you’re new to blogging and need to get your blog set up before beginning.
  • Make sure you have a few posts published on your blog so others can leave comments when they visit.
  • Spread the word! For students/classes that use Twitter, the hashtag is #STUBC.

Registration Form

Read through all the information above? Ready to join us? Simply fill out the form below or click here to open it in your browser.

Please make sure you fill in the form just once.

Any questions? Leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you!

23 Comments

Your email address will not be published.

1. Hi it’s September 25th and I cannot register for the October’s blogging challenge. What should I do?

• Marilia Boutsi
    • Hi Zoey,

Your blog is looking great! Don’t forget to add your week 1 blog post to the Google Form here. That way, our commenters and others will be able to visit.

Keep blogging!

• Kathleen Morris
    • Hi Ayden,
      It looks like you really like blogging! Don’t forget to leave the URL of your post in the weekly Google Form if you’re not already and try to visit some other student blogs. They might return the favour.
      You’re off to a great start!
      Kathleen

• Kathleen Morris
  2. Hello my name is Jason I am a student in RDN elementary I have never done the blogging challenge but I am looking forward to it. My blog address is http://jasonthemexicano.edublogs.org

• jasonthemexicano
  3. Hi my name is Henessy I like to stay inside and sleep but most importantly I like to play outside sometimes.

4. when will the challenge end

• Hi Josaiah. The challenge runs for 10 weeks so will end around mid May. 🙂

• Kathleen Morris
  5. Ok, its Maddie again, and I am just making sure that I can get taken off. My URL for the blog I entered was https://madisonp24.blogspot.com/ and I would like for it to come off please. Once again, the problem is that I wanted to enter another blog since that one was my school one. Thanks so much!!

• maddieandbaking
    • Oh, and Im 12 years old if you need to know!

• maddieandbaking
      • Hi Maddie,
        Would you like me to change that URL to a different one? If so, let’s know what the new URL is and I can update it.
        Thanks!

• Kathleen Morris
  6. Hi, My name is Angelica and my edublog URL is: http://angelicaw619.edublogs.org/
    I’m eleven years old and I have entered the student blogging challenge twice. Would you please remove one of my entries.

7. Hi, My name is Yana and my URL is: http://yanaw619.edublogs.org/, I’m twelve years old and I have entered the blog challenge twice, could I please remove 1.

8. My name is Layla and my name and blog URL appears twice in the list. My blog URL is http://laylaw619.edublogs.org/ and I am 10 years old.

Thank you very much.