Note: Registrations for the Student Blogging Challenge have now closed. Join us for the next Student Blogging Challenge in October, 2020. Registrations will open in September.
Registrations are now open for the next Student Blogging Challenge! This is a way for classes to learn about publishing online while connecting with other classes around the world.
The challenge is 100% free. Read more about the challenge here.
This form is for teachers to register classes. Register individual student bloggers here.
Before filling in the registration form below, please read the following information.
Who should register?
Teachers should register who:
- have their own class blog (using any blogging platform)
- have students aged between about 8-16
- are located anywhere in the world
Note: Your blog must be public on the web with comments enabled in order to participate.
Reminders before registering
Please read this important information for teachers.
- Mailing List: Make sure you’ve signed up for our mailing list to get all the Student Blogging Challenge news sent to you as well as the weekly posts. Click here for the mailing list sign up form.
- FAQs: Please read through the Frequently Asked Question guide which explains more about the challenge.
- Contact Email: The last question on the registration form asks for a teacher email address. This will be kept private and will not be published. It’s just in case we need to contact you throughout the challenge. (This will not sign you up for the mailing list. Please do that here if you haven’t already).
Our new Facebook Group!
If you use Facebook and you’re participating in the Student Blogging Challenge, please join our new Facebook Group.
This is a pop-up group that will run for the duration of the challenge.
The group is only for challenge participants and is for educators. Older student participants may join if they are old enough. Remember, Facebook has age restrictions (13+ and even older in some areas) so the group is not for young students.
🌏 Ask questions
🌏 Share tips and blogs posts
🌏 Find connections for your students
🌏 Stay in the loop
This is a private group so only members can see who’s in the group and what they post
To join the group, just go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudentBlogging
Alternatively, search for “Student Blogging Challenge March 2020” on Facebook.
Click on “Request to join” and answer the three questions so we know you’re a challenge participant. When your request is approved, go ahead and introduce yourself!
Before the challenge begins on March 15
There are a few things you can do prior to the challenge to make sure you’re ready to go on March 15.
Check your registration
- A few days after registering, check the page with the list of participating classes. Look for “2020 Classes” in the header area of this blog. Check this list prior to March 15 to make sure you are on the list and your details are correct.
- If you are not listed on the participants’ page, register again ensuring your blog URL is correct.
Other ways to get ready
- Check out the family information note and consider whether this would be useful to give to your students’ families.
- Consider starting the Edublogs Blogging With Students self-paced course if you’re new to blogging and need to get your blog set up before beginning.
- Try to have at least one post published on your blog so others can leave comments when they visit.
- Start visiting other classes of similar grade level on the participant list if you have time.
- Spread the word! Invite your colleagues and PLN to join in. The Twitter hashtag is #STUBC.
There will be some more reminder posts on the Student Blogging Challenge site before we begin.
Ready to join us? Simply fill out the form below or click here to open it in your browser.
Any questions? Leave a comment below and we’ll get back to you!