Pride in myself meme

Meme rules:

First paragraph: mention this is a student blogging challenge meme and include link back to this post.

Last paragraph: Make links to those students or classes you are tagging.

You may tag up to ten people but only two from your own class – tag students and classes from other countries to make sure the meme is spread globally.

Visit their blogs and leave a comment saying you have tagged them for a meme on pride.

…………………………………………….

Describe one of the things you have done in life, that make you glow with pride.

This meme began in the March 2011 student blogging challenge.

One thing I have done in my life that really makes me glow with pride is that I earned the highest award in the Girl Guide movement: Queen’s Guide.

I joined the Brownies first in Glenorchy where I took part in a rose bush planting outside the Council Chambers. As a Guide, I went to an Olave Baden Powell rally on the domain in Hobart. As a Ranger Guide leader, I was also lucky enough to represent Australia at two overseas camps, one in Fiji and another in Hong Kong. This is where I got my love of travelling, I am sure! I also represented Guiding at a young leader gathering and shook hands with Prince Charles in 1977.

But to get the Queen’s Guide award you had to do a lot of work and earn lots of badges. I think my dislike of housework and cooking might be from having to do this as part of the badgework. I loved the camping aspect, tying knots, building tripods and cooking on an open fire. It was during my Guiding life that I learned about leadership and being in charge of a group of individuals.

I was presented with my Queen’s Guide award at Government House in Hobart in 1970. The Guide company I was a member of then had a big celebration and invited back previous Queen’s Guide awardees. That’s me in the back right hand corner with no grey hair yet.

I would now like to tag the following classes to take part in this meme:

Mr Avery and class, Mrs Krebs and class, Mrs Ratzel and class, Watanabe/Martinez and class, the Fosgreenians

Each class can have three students carry on the meme as well as continuing it on the class blog.

………………………………………….

Now to tag the individual students to take part in the meme. These students have left lots of comments or pingbacks on the student blogging challenge blog.

Hanna, ZacharySurya, Maite, Betty, Karrie, Duy, Teegan, Yong Min Song, Amy, Maria, AlejandroSahiba,

55 comments