Over the last couple of weeks you have been looking at what makes a great post. This week we are expanding that to
What makes a great blog?
Naturally, a great blog will include great posts but what else will there be?
Maybe you will also need to look at
- the layout of the blog
- background design
A person might write excellent posts, but then have widgets on the left sidebar that overlap on the writing. There might be loud music playing as soon as you open the blog. There might be a noisy pet chirping away in the background while you are trying to read a post. There might be snow falling all over the blog distracting you from the posts. You might not be able to read comments because of the background colours.
This year is the 11th anniversary of the Edublog Awards.
You are being invited to take part in the awards by nominating great student blogs and great class blogs. Here are lists of the blogs from last year for students and classes. In my opinion, being nominated is just as important as winning one of these awards. Not all nominations go forward to the final list.
How to find some great blogs?
- Check out the flipboard magazine
- Read lots of other student or class blogs
In order for your nomination to count, you MUST do the following.
- Write a post on your blog nominating one blog.
- Give reasons for the nomination, why you think it is a great blog.
- You cannot nominate your own blog.
- In your post, include a link to the blog of the person you are nominating.
- When you have published your post come back here to fill in the form below.
- Your nomination will not count, unless you fill in the form below.
You may only nominate one blog for each category.
There will be other categories to nominate in later in the year when the actual awards are publicised.