Week 10: Let’s say goodbye
We have had a great 10 weeks of blogging. You have learnt so many skills to help you improve your blogs. Many of you have improved those writing skills or maybe digital skills with using a variety of tools to embed on your blog. But it is now time to evaluate your progress as well as the progress of the blogging challenge itself.
This week there are two things to do:
- Evaluate your own blog
- Evaluate the actual blogging challenge
1. This is an audit of your blog since the beginning of March 2015.
- How many posts did you write?
- How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?
- How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?
- Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?
- Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?
- Did you change blog themes at all and why?
- How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?
- How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?
- Which web tools did you use to show creativity on your blog?
Now ask another student and teacher/parent from your school who might not have read your blog to do an audit.
Sit beside them while they navigate around your blog, record what you observe as they interact with your blog. When finished, ask them the following questions:
- What were your first impressions of this blog?
- What captured your attention?
- What distracted you on the blog?
- What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog?
Write a post about your blog audit.
2. Evaluating the challenge.
This is the fourteenth challenge and sometimes I feel like the activities are getting stale especially for those students who have taken part in more than one set of challenges. So over the next few weeks I will be adding new pages that you all can contribute to. Every month of the year, there are special events, festivals, birthdays of authors etc. Which ones do you think it would be interesting to write about? Find the post ideas page for that month and add your ideas in the comments. (These are found above the header area)
Now for your final activity – please evaluate the challenge by filling in the following form.
Still got time to spare:
Visit grandatlas blog for their journey to various countries, Brooke takes you on an interesting journey to 3 countries, Alexandra is going to Japan, France and Switzerland, Willow has done some great work in the challenge but no-one has been visiting
Check out the flipboard magazine – are any of your posts included?
Add student blogs to your blogroll or links so you can continue visiting over summer or throughout the rest of the year
Visit student and class blogs to leave quality comments.