We have had a great 10 weeks of blogging. You have learnt so many skills to help you improve your blogs. Many of you have improved those writing skills or maybe digital skills with using a variety of tools to embed on your blog. But it is now time to evaluate your progress as well as the progress of the blogging challenge itself.

This week there are two things to do:

1. Evaluate your own blog
  2. Evaluate the actual blogging challenge

1. This is an audit of your blog since the beginning of March 2015.

• How many posts did you write?
  • How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?
  • How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?
  • Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?
  • Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?
  • Did you change blog themes at all and why?
  • How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?
  • How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?
  • Which web tools did you use to show creativity on your blog?

Now ask another student and teacher/parent from your school who might not have read your blog to do an audit.

Sit beside them while they navigate around your blog, record what you observe as they interact with your blog. When finished, ask them the following questions:

1. What were your first impressions of this blog?
  2. What captured your attention?
  3. What distracted you on the blog?
  4. What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog?

Write a post about your blog audit.

2. Evaluating the challenge.

This is the fourteenth challenge and sometimes I feel like the activities are getting stale especially for those students who have taken part in more than one set of challenges. So over the next few weeks I will be adding new pages that you all can contribute to. Every month of the year, there are special events, festivals, birthdays of authors etc. Which ones do you think it would be interesting to write about? Find the post ideas page for that month and add your ideas in the comments. (These are found above the header area)

Now for your final activity – please evaluate the challenge by filling in the following form.

Still got time to spare:

Visit grandatlas blog for their journey to various countries, Brooke takes you on an interesting journey to 3 countries, Alexandra is going to Japan, France and Switzerland, Willow has done some great work in the challenge but no-one has been visiting

Check out the flipboard magazine – are any of your posts included?

Add student blogs to your blogroll or links so you can continue visiting over summer or throughout the rest of the year

Visit student and class blogs to leave quality comments.

24 thoughts on “Week 10: Let’s say goodbye

1. Hi! I have just created thing blog at a camp. This, your, blog page seams very interesting. Could you reply to tell me how this blog works? Thx, Froggyblog2004

2. please do check my blog . I have been challenged by a classmate to increase my blog traffic and also comments . please help me to achieve this .
    toodles,
    nikita ( aka . the roybel )

1. Hi Nikita,
      Would help if you included the URL of your blog. Makes it easier for me to visit and increase your blog traffic.

3. G’day Miss. W
    Thank you for commenting and helping me on my blog. It was really helpful and nice. We should do it again sometime like talk back and fourth when I’m not busy. But anyway comment on my blog please. Thank you. You can find me at http://izek6pm.edublogs.org/. Thank you and you rock Miss W. See you soon! Bye!

4. Mrs. W,
    My students are participating in the blogging challenge and I was wondering if you will have nominations for “Best Student Blog”?

Sincerely,
    Mrs. Cannon

1. The awards look neat. I assume the student award is only for students using the EduBlog platform. Do you know if there is anything similar for students using Blogger? I’d love to nominate a couple from my class http://mrshoggatberkley.blogspot.co.nz/.

Thank you so much for this challenge. Many of my students have loved it, and really enjoyed the challenges. I think the overall favourite was the one around correctly attributing photos etc.

1. G’day Mrs Hogg,
          No the Edublog Awards are for any educational blog of any platform. In late November I include nominations as one of the challenges. Then I also put a voting poll in in December for students to vote on student and class blogs that have been shortlisted. But adults vote via the Edublog Awards page usually through listly which is for 18+ year olds. That’s why I have a poll daddy version for students (permission has been given to do this by the award organizers).

1. G’day Corrine,
      Web tools are things like wordle, google docs, thinglink, pic collage and so on. I have a list of web tools you could use down the side of the blog.

5. We wrote more than seven posts. Most of them were set by the challenge and a few school based. We received many comments from teachers or overseas students. ‘Week 6’ post received the most comments because of the numerous pictures it included. We enjoyed writing the most ‘Hobbies’ because we like the story it tells about. We have five widgets. We think we should make things more attractive to get more comments with more widgets. There are about five overseas students on our blogroll. We used Wordle and google web tools to show creativity on our blog.

We think it would be interesting to write about David Williams: he has hilarious books. So be ready to laugh.
    https://grandatlas.edublogs.org

6. Dear Ms.W,

Thanks for this amazing thing and I learned that blogging isn’t just writing boring things, its sharing ideas. And finding out new ones.

-Lucas