This week Miss W wants you to show off your creativity. She is going to suggest some sites you might want to visit. If you know some other sites to show off your artistic talents then tell us about them in a comment and we will add them to the list.
We want to see or hear your creative masterpiece so you might need to make a screen shot to save as an image to add to your post. Otherwise add a link to where your creative work can be found.
Remember if you are under 13, you will need to get parent and / or teacher permission to use many of them.
- Art games including jigsaws from getty art
- Sketching with odopod
- art from around the world in a mosaic
- Colour in motion needs flash player
- Interactive ideas at the National Gallery of Art, USA
- Create a sand picture by clicking on the little grey square in the top corner to get instructions
- Create your own art work at artpad
- Site on how to draw it
- A school art teacher’s blog with lots of excellent ideas
- Magnetic poetry – create a poem using their words, take a screen shot or submit to their gallery and put link in your post
- Use Fotobabble or Blabberize to create a movie or book trailer
- Register at Educaplay to create lots of games and literacy activities
- Create a book that flips the pages at flipsnack. Check out the other links at the bottom as well.
- Make beliefs comics are great for your creativity
- Little Bird Tales for creative writing
Music and audio
- Aviary is great for both music creation and editing of images. The link goes to an education version.
- Isle of Tune is fantastic for creating your own musical items
- Voki allows you to type or speak what you want the character to say
- Audioboo – create whatever you want to say on your blog then embed it. Check out Em’s blog for examples.
- Create tones to use on mobile phones at Wolfram – need quicktime plugin
- Use keyboard, guitar or violin at this site
- Play drums here, but use a headset
- Create your own music and become a composer
- Music activities for all ages
- Toymaker ideas at the bottom of the page – make the toy and create a video showing us how it works
- Use physics to make a contraption – make sure you disable the sound
- Use physics to build towers – again disable sound
- Use magic pen to move the ball
- Automatoon will not work with Internet Explorer but great way to create an animated movie.
- Another great site is goanimate – teachers there is an education version of this as well
- Kerpoof is great for all ages
- Think this might be a girlie site called Pop studio
- Check this page for lots of computer links for creativity
Activity 1 – Visit at least three different creativity sites and write a post aobut what you did on the site. Remember to include a screen shot and or link to your creative masterpiece.
Activity 2 – Find a website where you can collaborate with another student from a different country – you might be able to create a story together or something else more creative.
Activity 3 – Make sure you have lots of links to other students and classes on your blogroll. If on weebly, maybe create a post with at least ten links of other students around the world. You are going to need this for a game next week.
Activity 4 – Write a post about creativity and how you are creative in your life. If possible display your creativity eg photography, video, music. Check out this blog by chillibasket in Ireland. He is showing his creativity each week with the photos he has taken.
Activity 5 – Leave a comment about another site on the web that you think is showing creativity. Remember to leave the URL of the site.
Activity 6 – Visit Mr Davo Devil’s blog and leave a caption on the post about the 49th parallel or suggest a song Davo could sing if inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
If you still have time, visit lots of blogs of other students around the world. Leave comments on their posts and make sure you include a link to your blog so they can return the favour and visit your blog to leave a comment.
96 thoughts on “Challenge 7: Let your creativity show”
This is what i created. I think that it it a good idea for all people to use to get the brain working.
Here is my site- http://isleoftune.com/?id=267832
I have enjoyed taking part in this challenge. I like to think of myself as very creative. I think that I am creative in my life when I write stories. Once my friends read them, they always ask how did I make them so creative. I do not know how I did. It is just a talent that I was born with. I am very sorry that I cannot post a picture of it, but it is not saved on this computer. I also thought that chillibasket in Ireland’s blog was very creative.
This one is my favorite! It is really cool and creative! I love it!
This one is very creative and kinda girly! I love this one!
dear Mrs W,
these sites are really good
Wow! http://mjgds.org/students/briannag/2012/01/26/secondary-succession/#comment-91 had some really cool posts and pictures! I love this!
A website that I think is very creative is http://www.webs.com/. This website lets you create your own website for free! I love using it.
I think this website is a creative site
A blog ::::http://0535cg.edublogs.org/
I just wanted to say a huge thank you for this post! My students and I have not had a chance to do this challenge yet but I will definitely be using this post over and over. What a great collection of ways to express creativity.
My favorite thing is that creativity did not mean just drawing or music to you but included a huge variety or areas and ways for students to express themselves. Thank you again!
Sharon deVries (Delve)
This is my epic blog. I wrote an awesome post on creativity if I do say so myself.
Everyone else, please check out the site an drop a comment.
hey guys!!!!!! I just found a coooooool website that was on this website that I am posting this link on. so Ok here it is well wait I was kind of confused what to do on blog challenge 7, I did activity 5 and I dont n]know where to leave a comment so I will just do it hear. So here is the link http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/
Hi Miss W,
I have done up to activity #4 and I have added some Halloween things that will last for one week!
THE SITE http://0535cg.edublogs.org/
make a comment on my blog. PLEASE PLEASE
this is my site
i have just found a creative blog. yo;;u shold look at it
I think thatthis is one blog that shows creativity.
Please visit my blog at
He all this blog are creative but you need to visit mine is like yours is very very good! Visit it please.
I am creative in my life by doing little projects at my house when I am bored. Once I built an animal cell.
My defonition of creativty is when someone takes an object and makes it extrodinary.
hi ms w i have put atributions to all my photos.
visit my blog at: 6asebastiansblog.weebly.com
Hello Miss. Wyatt.
A website that I think shows creativity is Wikipedia because it allows you to search things that you need information on. It is actually called “The free encyclopedia.” Thanks.
A website that I thought was creative is http://edheads.org/. I think that this website is creative because it allows to do do virtual surgical procedures. I found it quite interesting!(:
I did Activity 3. Here’s the link : http://mjgds.org/students/jakeg/2011/10/29/links-to-other-blogs/
Hi Miss W,
Sorry I haven’t been leaving links!
I have been a bit lazy and have forgetton!
I have done up to activity #2 for the previous challenge, and I am aiming to get up to at least the 5th activity for this challenge.
Hello Miss W
For the game does it matter if you have 4 people on your blogroll from overseas and 12 people on your class mates from school From Sam http://bbsam.edublogs.org
hello Miss W
Could you please comment on my blog A.S.A.P because for the game you need a user avatar what is a user avatar. From Sam http://bbsam.edublogs.org/
Hy Miss W
I corect all the phots whit atribution
I have do allmost all the activities of this challenge visit it http://6ajosemanuelsblog.weebly.com/
I did Activity 6.
I also did activity 3.
http://www.stykz.net/ I think this is a really cool site, you get to make your own stick figure stories. I also think you the to post them on the internet.
My BFF Tyler is VERYY creative! This is his blog– http://tylerrowe.edublogs.org/ Check it out!
I went to odopod.com and created a scetch so please go to my website and check for my latest ost beacause I posted a Picture of my georgus sketch! thanks!
I am having lots and lots of fun doing the Blogging Challenge. I haven’t done any of challenge seven yet but I’ve read it and it sounds really cool. I know a awesome blog you should check out. Go to http://www.kaylavdhnzkorner.blogspot.com. She has lots of great posts. We started blogging at the same time. Please come and check out my blog.
I am really enjoying the challenge. I’ve never taken part in it before. I haven’t done anything on Challenge seven but it looks really cool!! How many challenges will there be altogether? I know a really cool and creative blog to visit. arcannalog.blogspot.com. She started blogging in August – at the same time as me – and is really experienced. You should visit it.
Hi Miss W,
A great creative website is Wacky Web Tales. Just search that into Google and it is the first to come up! Thanks,
Dear Miss W,
Thank you so much for mentioning me for Audioboo. I love Audioboo because it’s so easy to record what I’m saying.
I was creative with Curious George, and wrote a post about it.
Oh, and I put lots of favorites on my blogroll.
I wrote a comment on chillibaskets blog.
I know a blog that is very creative. You should visit it at http://www.mjgds.org/students/briannag. She is one of my classmates.